Search Catholic Content

Google
 

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stop the Culture of Death!

I was a little bit busy today checking my emails and I almost forgot to do something about my friend's email to me more than a week ago. That friend by the way is Jerwin Aguinaldo and he is currently the Chief Captain of the Apostles of Mary - Catholic Youth League of the Philippines. The email he sent was about the pending anti-life bills in congress and that we should do something about it. Just reading the latest news on the hearings at the Batasan on House Bill 5043 (Reproductive Health Bill) compelled me to forward his email to everyone on my distribution list. I was quite troubled by the statistics:
  • 105 are in favor;
  • 12 are in favor but have not signed;
  • 28 are neutral;
  • 93 are against.
From what I know, the bill needs 120 votes to get approved. Let us not make this happen. Jerwin has just started a signature campaign against these 'Death' bills. Please support life by contacting your congressman or senator and let them know what you think. Be vigilant and monitor the hearings at the batasan. You can also post a blog or let your 'friendsters' know by posting at their bulletin board. Or you can email Jerwin by clicking here to request for copies of the signature sheets. Remember, the faith that you once cherish and have taken for granted may soon be restricted and your freedoms curtailed when these bills are passed. Let us not copy the mistakes of Europe, China and the U.S. Stand up for the unborn! Stand up for God! Stand up for LIFE!

No comments: